Commit to carefully considering everything that crosses your doorstep.
Here are some safe, healthy things to have in your home:
- Cleaners that are truly cleaner, nontoxic, natural, biodegradable, concentrated, and hypoallergenic.
- Fresh air. Open your windows to reduce .
- Essential oils. Use these instead of air fresheners.
- Plants. Besides being nice to look at, they can absorb harmful gases and help clean the air.
- . Avoid standard bedding treated with chemicals.
- Floors made of recycled and renewable resources. Healthier paint. That new paint smell can be as nasty as it smells. Choose low VOC paint instead.